Saturday, December 20, 2008

A Wonderful Saturday!

I was very excited to have my parents make the trip down here today. They haven't been down here since I moved here and hadn't seen our house either.

We gave them the tour and I immediately put my Dad on a project :) ...to finally hang up a piece of stained glass I got last year for Christmas. I know that my husband could do it, but I just felt much better putting my Dad on the job (considering he's the stained glass master). Then we drove them around North Carolina...showing off our little town of Holly Springs, then to Cary to show them where I work, and then to Raleigh. We walked all around Downtown Raleigh, wasting time before going to see the Raleigh Ringers concert. We found a cute little pizzeria, stopped by for a slice, then got back on our way of site seeing. I've realized there isn't too much down there besides banks, lawyers, and more banks & lawyers.

We went to the Raleigh Ringers concert and were very impressed. They did such a great job and I will definitely go back to see them again. My favorite were definitely the Christmas songs and the Charlie Brown ones. I had never seen anything like it!

Afterwards, we went & grabbed some dinner before sending them back to Roanoke. I just felt bad having them drive in the nasty rainy weather, which is how it has been all last week :(

Now I'm winding down for the night - I'm working tomorrow so that I can be off the Friday after Christmas. I am really looking forward to heading home Wednesday after work for the holidays. We're spending Wednesday night with his family, Thursday & Friday with mine, then Saturday night with his again...have to divide it up somehow!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: