Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Few Things....

Here are a few things I've realized....


1. I obviously stink at blogging (thanks for the hint sister). Since starting this trend, I've managed to write one blog per month...that's pretty sad. Again, I'm going to try and do better, but I'm not making any promises. :) Maybe if I had adorable kids to write about every day, the funny things they said or did, I'd do better with this. I just figured no one wants to hear about my "newly-wed" life....what's for dinner, who's going to do the laundry/dishes, who had a harder day at work, etc. However, since making a trip to Roanoke a few weekends ago, I noticed my Dad has mine & my sister's blog on his favorite places!! I was shocked!!

2. I've been meaning to send my sister the pictures from the zoo; however, my computer is acting funny & won't let me send pictures. Soooo here is the link to my album on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2224997&l=aafb8&id=68128834

3. I'm also in on this "Run a 5K by Spring Time" train with my sister. It's pretty difficult to do when my schedule changes so much (sometimes I have to be at work at 7, sometimes not till 8:30ish, etc). And the fact that its been about 10 degrees outside the last couple mornings, and my bed feels juuuuust right, it has taken a lot of motivation. Monday I got up early enough in the morning to go for my walk/job thing, Tuesday I managed to do so after I got home from work, but today...was my day off. I'll have to make up for it this weekend, and since we're not heading out of town, I'll be able to do so.



So to catch up no my life....

Two weekends ago we met the Battels in Roanoke for a weekend get-together. We had such a good time! The Mill Mountain Zoo was fun when I was little...then it got boring as I got older...but seeing my neices & nephews enjoy it just as much as I used to was amazing. I wish they could've seen Ruby the Tiger or the Prarie Dogs (which I'm furious they took away, they were the cutest thing!), but I'm glad that they still have all the pathways from the parking lot to the zoo, and the Zoo-Train...I could go on and on about how good of a time I had. At first when I saw that they had added a playground, I was a bit baffled, but the kids loved it (minus Ella & her slide accident). Anyway, the only thing I wish would to have had my Dad there :( The girls kept talking about Pop Pop on the train. Its funny the connections they make as they walked over the train tracks or waiting to ride the train.

Last weekend, we ended up driving to Charlotte to visit his family. We had another great weekend hanging out at his sister's house and just relaxing. It was cute seeing Addy, my neice on his side, starting to grow up. She's moving around on the floor and saying a couple words.

These last couple of weekends were great. It was nice seeing both his family and mine, and I'm looking forward to the holidays!! All the stores are decorated for Christmas, which has gotten me all excited!

Anyway, I've managed to ramble on for quite some time now...I'm going to read back over what I wrote, so please feel free to edit my blog (Dad). Its getting late & I've gotta be up by 5:30 tomorrow morning :( (which means no run in the morning sister). Goodnight!

No comments: