Tuesday, August 26, 2008

So I'm a Horrible Blogger....

The first thing my sister says to me today, "you have to be the worst blogger ever." she said something along those lines. I know I know I know. I've been meaning to get on here for the last week or so, but I always seem to get distracted by reading other people's blog, then I remember something else I had to do and push it off even more.


I promise I'm going to try and do better!


So we're moving! :) I was beginning to get tired of having our house on the market - always having to put EVERYTHING away and out of sight before I left the house, and I even fought with Joseph a few times about just taking the house off the market. A few weeks ago I got off work and called him as usual and he was in panic mode. I couldn't understand much of what he said except for, "this lady is coming to look at the house tonight and if she likes it then she's going to buy it so we need to clean up..." and he kept going on and on about how crazy his day was. Anyway, within about two days we had pretty much sold our house and learned we had to move out in a month! So I spent a few days looking at houses after houses after houses...and we finally agreed on one together! I used to always love looking at houses...but its hard to say I've gotten my share of it for a while.
Here's a picture of our new house!
...My Job!!
I'm on my second week of my training with the Marriott. I'm getting used to being there 8-10 hours a day, but its hard waking up so early in the morning. I've learned almost everyone's names (because they keep quizzing me) and really like the people I work with. I'm getting training in *every* part of the hotel possible, so every time I leave my head is just full of info. Did you know Mr. Marriott started this whole thing by opening up a Root Beer stand called the Hot Shoppe? Just little things like that get drilled into my head almost everyday...its really a lot of fun though.
I've always worked at the front desk and dealt with the guests all the time, but now I'm learning everything "behind the scenes." Its crazy to see how much work the managers put into making sure the associates are happy. (I'll spare you the Marriott slogan about taking care of the associates, and so on). Everyone keeps saying, "you'll need to know this when you're running your own hotel." So hopefully after these 8 weeks of training are done I'll feel like I'm actually capable of doing so! My training can last 8-12 weeks, depending on what jobs are open for me when the time comes.
...What else?!
- I'm still having trouble finding my way around this place.
- Next weekend, we're heading to Charlotte for the VT vs ECU game at the Panthers Stadium. I can't wait for our little vacation! It should be an awesome weekend.
- The weekend after that...we're moving!! It should again be another crazy weekend trying to get everything moved, and also getting this house cleaned up Sunday morning. If you're bored & want to come help - feel free! :)

1 comment:

kara battel said...

well... it's about damn time! very nice... however spare us the details of "hard it is waking up early" and tell me more about how you miss being in MY house getting an ella or fisher wake up call!