Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The Last Few Months......

I decided to join my sister & her friends with this whole "blogging trend," so I'm sure my Dad will get a kick out of this one too. Yes Dad, both of your daughters are now BLOGGERS!! :)

I just recently graduated from Virginia Tech (Go Hokies!!), and I moved to North Carolina a few days after finishing with classes. Joseph & I then got married a couple weeks later in Roanoke. It was an amazing day - it could not have gone any better. I tried to take in every moment, since people say it always goes by so fast. I was so lucky to have such a beautiful wedding and hardly anything happened for me to stress over (all of that worrying for nothing!).

Anyway, I've been living in Holly Springs for almost 2 months now. Its a small town right outside of Raleigh, NC - thank goodness. I got stuck in real traffic the other day & it took me an hour to get home! Crazy, huh?! I've never lived anywhere that it didn't take us more than 15 minutes to get anywhere...even in traffic!

I've been working at The Limited part time to give me something to do until I start my job with Marriott August 18th :) I've met a lot of great ladies - they even say I talk differently, with a northern accent than them. I told them that I say "yall" and that didnt seem to impress them much. I've never been told I had a "northern" accent before! I was actually a little offended! Anyway, I've moved past that and now just trying to learn my way around this state. I get lost about once a day....why does there have to be an Inner and an Outer Beltline? I mean what's even a Beltline? Oh...you mean another highway? Joseph is learning how to be patient with me and my lack of sense of direction...poor guy.

I'm officially a North Carolinian, or however they spell it. My name is officially longer than I ever expected...taking up two lines on my social security card. From Lisle to Higginbotham. I have to spell it in my head every time I have to write it down. I got a North Carolina Drivers License last night - passed the test!! Joseph put on my license plate today, but I should be getting my VT Hokies one sometime next week :)

That's about it for now.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I LOVE YOU! you are a dork. can't wait to see you very soon...go hokies! lph

kara battel said...

you always were a copycat-- now i have the proof! ella loves your "married picture" have a great day and we won't admit that you live anywere futher than mom and dad's house- love you